- 09 Sept 2021
Law No. 14 of 2008 concerning Openness of Public Information guarantees the rights of citizens to information and provides an obligation to every public institution to provide information services, whether the information is requested or not, through the Information Management and Documentation Officer (PPID). In addition, the Law also requires every public agency to establish an information and documentation management system that can provide information services to the public with the principles of fast, easy, and low-cost.
With open access to information, it is hoped that the public will be able to know the plans for making public policies, public policy programs, public decision-making processes, and the reasons for making public decisions. Disclosure of information is not only a form of the government effort to encourage public participation in the public policy-making process but also as an effort to realize good, transparent, effective and efficient, accountable and accountable state administration. To support the implementation of the said public information service, standard operating procedures are needed to regulate public information services in the context of providing public services.
In this regard, the Directorate General of Highways establishes Standard Operating Procedures for Public Information Services as a reference for public information services at the Directorate General of Highways.
This Standard Operating Procedure is intended as a reference for PPID Bina Marga Implementers and PPID Implementers for national road implementation centres in public information services at the Directorate General of Highways.
This Standard Operating Procedure aims to :
- encourage the implementation of Law No. 14 of 2008 concerning Public Information Disclosure effectively so that public rights to quality information can be fulfilled properly;
- provide standards for PPID Bina Marga Implementers and PPID Implementers for national road implementation centres in carrying out public information services at the Directorate General of Highways;
- improve public information services and ensure consistency of service to the public, both in terms of quality, time, and procedures at the Directorate General of Highways;
- reduce the level of errors and omissions that may be carried out by the PPID Bina Marga Implementer and PPID Implementer from the National Road Implementation Center in carrying out their duties in public information services at the Directorate General of Highways;
- ncrease accountability in the implementation of the duties of the PPID Bina Marga Implementer and the PPID Executor for the national road implementation centre in the public information service at the Directorate General of Highways; and
- create standard performance measures required by the PPID Bina Marga Implementer and PPID Implementer at the National Road Implementation Center in improving the performance of public information services that have been carried out.
This Standard Operating Procedure regulates public information service activities at the Directorate General of Highways. The scope of this Standard Operating Procedure includes:
- public information service operations;
- information request mechanism;
- objections to public information;
- cost; and
- Public Information is information that is generated, stored, managed, sent, and/or received by work units and technical implementing units under the Directorate General of Highways relating to the organizers and implementation of the duties and functions of the Directorate General of Highways relating to the public interest.
- Public Information Applicant is an Indonesian citizen and/or legal entity that submits a request for public information through the PPID Bina Marga Implementer and the PPID Implementer from the National Road Implementation Center/Center for public information services at the Directorate General of Highways.
- Information Management and Documentation Officer, hereinafter abbreviated as PPID, is an official responsible for the storage, documentation, provision, and/or service of information at the Directorate General of Highways.
- Public Information Service is an activity where the PPID Bina Marga Implementer and PPID Implementer at the National Road Implementation Center manage public information and documentation related to the organizers and the implementation of their duties and functions to be conveyed to the public
E. PUBLIC INFORMATION SERVICE OPERATIONS
1. Place of Service
The PPID Bina Marga Implementer and PPID Implementer at the National Road Implementation Center provide direct services through the Public Information Service Room located in the Lobby of the Bina Marga Building, 1st Floor and in every hall office at the Directorate General of Highways.
2. Service Schedule
Public information services by the PPID Bina Marga Implementer and PPID Implementer at the National Road Implementation Center are carried out on weekdays, from Monday to Friday, 09.00 s.d. 12.00 and 13.00 s.d. 15.00 WIB / WITA / WIT.
3. Service Communication Channels
In addition to coming directly, the acceptance of requests for public information services can also be submitted indirectly, namely through:
- A letter addressed to the PPID Bina Marga Implementer having his/her address at Bina Marga Building Floor III, Ministry of PUPR Jl. Pattimura No. 20 Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta 12110 or PPID Implementing Center for National Road Implementation;
- the email with the address firstname.lastname@example.org;
- E-PPID CMS (the Ministry of PUPR website); and/or
- Social media accounts for the PPID Bina Marga Implementer and the PPID Executor for the National Road Implementation Center
F. PUBLIC INFORMATION APPLICATION MECHANISM
Described in detail in:
- Table 1: The Process of Public Information Services Through PPID Bina Marga Implementers
- Table 2: The Process of Public Information Services Through PPID Implementers at the National Road Implementation Center.
- Table 3: Process of Objections to Answers to Requests for Information
- Table 4: Information Dispute Process at the Information Commission
- Table 5: Public Information Documentation Process
- Table 6: Process for Documenting Excluded Information.
G. OBJECTIONS TO GIVING PUBLIC INFORMATION
Each applicant for public information may submit a written objection to the PPID Superior based on the following reasons:
- rejection of requests for information based on exception reasons according to the laws and regulations;
- periodic information is not provided;
- not responding to requests for information;
- requests for information are not responded to as requested;
- non-fulfilment of requests for information;
- imposition of unreasonable fees; and
- delivery of information that exceeds the time regulated in Law Number 14 of 2008 concerning Public Information Disclosure.
The PPID Bina Marga Implementing Unit and the PPID Implementation Center/National Road Implementation Center in providing public information services do not charge fees, and in the event that copying and/or recording fee is required, the applicant will be charged. Another necessary finacing refers to the laws and regulations.
The PPID Bina Marga Implementing Unit and the PPID Implementing Center/National Road Implementation Center make quarterly reports to be submitted to the Main PPID. The said report contains information regarding requests for public information that have been fulfilled, the follow-up to requests that have not been fulfilled, and refusal of requests for public information along with the reasons for the refusal along with the time period required to fulfil each request for information.